Ever wonder what you can do at the Garden of the Gods! Here’s 10 activities that will be sure to keep you busy at one of the most beautiful locations in the State of Illinois:
1. Hiking: There are more than 5 miles of hiking paths at the Garden of the Gods, including the well-known Observation Trail, which offers breathtaking views of the sandstone rock formations and the surrounding area.
2. Rock Climbing: The Garden of the Gods provides some difficult routes for experienced climbers that will test your abilities and give you an adrenaline rush.
3. Photography: The Garden of the Gods is a photographer’s dream come true with its breathtaking views, rock formations, and unmatched beauty. Bring your camera, and make sure to take some incredible pictures.
4. Picnicking: Pack a meal and bring a blanket for a picnic with a breathtaking view. There are numerous picnic spots in the Garden of the Gods. The Garden of the Gods have several picnic areas that offer great views of the rock formations and the surrounding forest.
5. Horseback Riding: Take in the stunning views of the Garden of the Gods while being led through the woodland on a horseback. You can either bring your own horse or hire one from nearby stables.
6. Stargazing: The Garden of the Gods is a fantastic location for stargazing because of its isolated location. You can see an incredible show of stars and constellations on a clear night.
7. Bird Watching: A number of avian species, including eagles, hawks, and owls, call the Garden of the Gods home. Bring your binoculars and try to identify as many different kinds of birds as you can.
8. Fishing: The Garden of the Gods is a wonderful place for fishermen because it has a number of lakes and ponds that are stocked with fish. Bass, minnows, bluegill, and other fish can be caught.
9. Geocaching: At the Garden of the Gods, geocaching is a well-liked pastime. Find hidden containers, or “caches,” that have been put all over the park using your GPS device. It’s a fun method to look around and find undiscovered treasures.
10. Fall Foliage: The Garden of the Gods is especially beautiful in the autumn when the trees’ foliage start to change color. Take a leisurely hike or drive through the park to appreciate the vibrant colors of the fall foliage.